Many of them are low molecular weight compounds (dammarane, dammarenolic acid, oleanane, oleanonic acid, etc.), but dammar also contains a polymeric fraction, composed of polycadinene. It is used in foods, as either a clouding or a glazing agent, in the making of incense, varnishing and in other processes. Dammar was first introduced as a picture varnish in 1826, and is commonly referred to as dammar varnish. The varnish, made from dammar gum and turpentine is commonly used in oil painting, both during the painting process and after the painting is finished
The gum dammar varies in colour from clear to pale yellow, while the fossilised form is grey-brown. Dammar gum is a triterpenoid resin, containing a large number of triterpenes and their oxidation products. Many of gum damar are low molecular weight compounds dammarane, dammarenolic acid, oleanane, oleanonic acid, but dammar also contains a polymeric fraction, composed of polycadinene.
There are two types of gum damar, besides the gum:
1. Gum damar Mata kucing (‘cat’s eye’) is a crystalline resin in the form of round balls.
2. Gum damar Batu (‘stone’) is stone or pebble-shaped, opaque dammar collected from the ground.
Jual Gum Damar Resin
Dammar gum is obtained from the Dipterocarpaceae family of trees in India and East Asia, principally those of the genera Shorea, Balanocarpus or Hopea. Most is produced by tapping trees; however, some is collected in fossilized form from the ground. The gum varies in colour from clear to pale yellow, while the fossilized form is grey-brown. Dammar gum is a triterpenoid resin, containing a large number of triterpenes and their oxidation products.
A clear, pale yellow natural resin derived from Dipterocarpaceae trees growing in southeast Asia. The principal trees that supply dammar resin are of the genera Shorea, Balanocarpus, or Hopea. Dammar is a triterpenoid resin that primarily contains dammarolic acid (C54H77O3(COOH)2). The soft, viscous, highly aromatic resin oozes readily from incisions in the bark and dries to become transparent, brittle, odorless lumps that are sorted into three grades: A (superior), B (small amount of impurities), and C (many impurities). Jual Gum Damar Resin
To prepared as a varnish, dammar pieces are placed in a cheesecloth bag partially submersed in turpentine. After a few hours, the dammar is dissolved and any residual material remaining in the bag is thrown out. This forms a high-quality, clear varnish for paintings. However, the presence of water during application may cause it to dry with a whitish bloom. Dammar was first introduced as a picture varnish in 1826 and by the end of the 19th century, its use surpassed mastic. It is also used in printing inks, cellulosic lacquers, alkyd baking enamels, and coatings for papers and textiles. Dammar solutions in chloroform or xylenes have been used for mounting thin sections for microscopic examination.
Jual Gum Damar Resin
CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
• Name : gum damar
• Appearance: white powder
• Melting point: approx. 120 °C
• Density: 1.04 to 1.12 kg/m³
• Refractive index: approx. 1.5
• CAS number: 9000-16-2
• EINECS: 232-528-4
• Harmonised Tariff: 1301-90
• Stability and toxicity
• The gum is stable, probably combustible and incompatible with strong oxidising agents. Its toxicity is low, but inhalation of dust may cause allergies.
USE AND APPLICATION
• Gum dammar is used in foods, as a clouding or glazing agent, and in incense, varnish and other products. Dammar varnish, made from dammar gum mixed with turpentine, gum damar commonly used in oil painting, both during the painting process and after the painting is finished.
• Gum damar or Dammar crystals dissolved in molten paraffin wax to make batik, to prevent the wax from cracking when it is drawn onto silk or rayon.
• Gum damar or Damar crystals are dissolved into beeswax with pigment added to harden it in order to make encaustic paints.
• Dammar resins were often used in the past to caulk ships, frequently together with pitch or bitumen.
Jual Gum Damar Resin
• Specification Product
• Technical Data Sheet (TDS)
• Certificate of Analysis (COA)
• Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
• Sertifikat Halal atau Kosher
• Grade Type : Food Grade, Food Additive, BP 2000 dan USP Grade, Pharmaceutical Grade
• Flow Chart Production
• Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
PT. SAMIRASCHEM INDONESIA
Jalan Raya Lapangan Tembak No.2
Cibubur Jakarta Timur 13720
Tel : +62-21-8718222
Fax : +62-21-8718222
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.samiraschem.com