Gum kopal is most commonly found in East Africa and Indonesia, but is also found in tropical regions such as South America, Malaysia and the Philippines.
Throughout history, amber and gum copal have been mistaken for each other, as it is extremely difficult to tell the difference between the two. However, a drop test using an alcohol or other solvent will leave amber unaffected, while copal’s surface will become sticky. A heat test can also be used as amber will soften and blacken its surface and copal will begin to melt.
Jual Gum Copal
CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
- Name : gum Copal
- Appearance: white powder
- Melting point: approx. 120 °C
- Density: 1.04 to 1.12 kg/m³
- Refractive index: approx. 1.5
- CAS number: 9000-16-2
- EINECS: 232-528-4
- Harmonised Tariff: 1301-90
- Stability and toxicity
- The gum is stable, probably combustible and incompatible with strong oxidising agents. Its toxicity is low, but inhalation of dust may cause allergies. Jual Gum Copal
Another key difference between the two lies in what specimens are inside the material. As both amber and gum copal are produced from tree sap hardening, insects and other organisms can be trapped inside (an idea which provided the basis for DNA extraction in Jurassic Park). Depending on whether this organism can still be found alive in the present or recent past can give reference to the age and identification of the sample.
Harga Gum Copal
USE AND APPLICATION
- Kopal has had a wide variety of uses in both past and present times. Primarily used as an incense by ancient civilizations, it also found use as an early form of glue, and traditional medicine for cases such as dysentery, stomach pains, dizziness, and fright. It was often used in religious occasions in the form of sacrifices to deities typically designating the copal as food for the gods.
- copal is popularly used as incense. It is also used as a varnish or waterproofing material. When it is heated with certain oils, it becomes nearly transparent. It also can be used as an ingredient in adhesives, perfumes, printing ink, paints, and films. Jual Gum Copal
- copal is sold primarily two ways. The first way is as powder, which is usually mixed with turpentine to make varnish. The other way is as the natural “rocks” which can then be used in many different ways.
Harga Gum Copal
- Prime white soft (PWS) is the highest grade of copal. It is white in color and 99-100% purity. It is used for making varnish for wood surfaces and it dries to a hard and shiny film. Such varnish is high-luster and resistant to external scratches. Jual Gum Copal
- DBB grade is pebble-sized and whitish yellow in color with about 90-95% purity. This is an economy grade, ideal for production of low-end varnishes. Its solubility is good. It can contain some black copal, but it is still easily dissolved in alcohol solvent mixtures. It is the most common grade for use in incense.
- White soft (WS) is the lowest grade of copal, larger chunks, black in color with about 60% purity. The impurities include tree bark and soil. The powder leftover from the processing of PWS and DBB is usually used for varnish.
Jual Gum Copal
- Specification Product
- Technical Data Sheet (TDS)
- Certificate of Analysis (COA)
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Sertifikat Halal atau Kosher
- Grade Type : Food Grade, Food Additive, BP 2000 dan USP Grade, Pharmaceutical Grade
- Flow Chart Production
- Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
PT. SAMIRASCHEM INDONESIA
Jalan Raya Lapangan Tembak No.2
Cibubur Jakarta Timur 13720
Tel : +62-21-8718222
Fax : +62-21-8718222
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.samiraschem.com